461, 465, 469 Conrads Road, Hubbards, Nova Scotia at Queensland Beach
40 minute drive from Halifax along scenic Route 3
Owner Anne E Hiltz 902-233-0367
The village of Hubbards (less than five minutes by car), and the stores at the head of St. Margaret’s Bay (20 minutes by car) offer most amenities including: groceries, pharmacies, liquor stores, restaurants, video rentals, laundromat, fast food outlets, plus a variety of retail, craft, antique shops.
- The Bike and Bean for coffee, brunch, lunch as well as bike rentals and access to bike and hiking trails.
- The Trellis Café for bunch, lunch and dinner plus Friday and Saturday evening musical entertainment.
- Mother Hubbard’s Cupboard eclectic shopping for antiques and gourmet gifts
- Hubbard’s Landing for brunch, lunch and dinner as well as pizza delivery. T
here is a convenience store located at the landing that has DVD rentals.
- The White Sails Bakery for all things yummy.
- Several sea kayaking and paddling businesses are located in the area.
-The Hubbard’s Farmers Market is open on Saturday from 8:00 am to noon May to October.
- Lola’s Landing Gift Shoppe for all things girly
- Blue Goose Antiques
- Local lobster dinners
Along the scenic south shore, short drives can land you at Peggy’s Cove, Chester, Mahone Bay, Lunenburg. As well, many beautiful beaches spot this shoreline. Take a day trip across the province to the Bay of Fundy and the Annapolis Valley.